Design and Development of a Sales Forecasting and Demand Planning program
Our approach to process design is consensus and customer driven!
Before designing a demand planning program, you should ask the Forecast customer about the content and characteristics of the demand plan. Since Demand planning is customer driven, a Sales Forecasting Process is an integral part of this initiative.
The demand planning process should be designed to deliver an accurate forecast - right product, right time and right location! The demand plan should have consensus from all organizational functions on the demand side.
This is only possible if Sales Forecast intelligence can be obtained without much interruption to the Sales Force.
Our guiding objective is to design a best-in-class process to deliver an accurate, one-number plan to the Supply Chain!
The Key steps in our process model are:
- Assess the demand forecast needs of the down-stream customer
- Identify roles and responsibilities of the organization on the demand side including Sales, Marketing, Product Development and Category Management
- Map historical data and recommend appropriate demand forecast models
- Design the sub-process for Sales Forecasting including promotional and Event Planning and integrate it with the CRM process in the organization.
- Design consensus process and define appropriate review reports.
- Define the rules for forecast reconciliation and demand consensus
- Define exception management for demand and supply volatility. Our focus is to enable you to manage the process by exception. We have data mining capabilities to dig into your process and help you develop exception management
- Define the process for identifying supply constraints and reverse feed-back. Demand Management is a continuous process and thrives on constant communication, feedback and action. We help you implement processes that are self-sustaining and continuously improving
- Define holistic metrics and processes for continuous improvement. We help you design end-to-end Value Chain Metrics including key measurements for the demand chain. It is important to measure your entire demand chain not just the demand planners
Valtitude based in Boston MA, specializes in demand planning, S&OP, Sales Forecasting, and supply chain optimization.