Demand Planning Overview
Demand Planning Overview Module is the introductory module provided to the attendees of the two day in-person workshop. The objective of this video is to prepare the attendees with some basic demand planning concepts that are needed to level set the understanding before beginning the intensive on-site workshop.
This introductory module will cover the following concepts:
- Why Forecast and Plan?
- The Service - Cost - Balance Model
- Introduction to Demand Planning- What, Why and How?
- Beyond Statistical Forecasting
- Key Components of a Demand Plan
- Key Terminology for Demand Planning - Forecast Horizon, Forecasting Buckets & Periodicity
- Forecast Agreement
- Constrained vs. Unconstrained Forecast
- Demand Management
- Key Customers of the Demand Plan