Demand Planning and Forecasting Tutorial - May 6-7, 2010
Workshop is conducted on Thursday and Friday, so you can spend the Spring weekend in gorgeous Lexington, MA or see the yachts on the Charles River or just cruise by the Boston Harbor!
Whether you are new to demand forecasting, or a seasoned pro looking to enhance your knowledge, you cannot afford to miss this opportunity. We will answer questions such as:
1. Do you trust the power of Statistical models to form a clean baseline forecast?
2. When does a forecast actually become a demand plan?
3. What do you use to create the demand history - shipments or Forecasts?
4. What is the right software to plan your demand?
5. Do you model and forecast every item every month?
GET SKILLS YOU CAN USE AT WORK
You will learn to...
- Set up a Demand Planning Process for your business
- Clean your data and adjust for data anomalies
- Use Statistical modeling to create baseline forecasts
- Use exponential smoothing and linear regression models
- Leverage the Regression capabilities in Excel
- Incorporate promotional events into your forecast modeling
- Use Forecast Error as a diagnostic to improve model quality
- Reconcile the top-down category forecast and the Bottom-up SKU level Demand Plan.
We will explain the modeling methodology and process behind accurate demand forecasts and how to effectively use promotional information to arrive at a consensus forecast. The focus will be on demand modeling using statistical techniques, the methodology to perform model diagnostics, forecast accuracy measurement and the process to incorporate market intelligence.
LEARN FROM INDUSTRY EXPERTS
Each training day will also include an industry-specific presentation from a senior supply chain manager:
Day 1- Demand Planning for Over the Counter Health Care Products
Guest Speaker: Senior Director of Demand Planning, Wyeth Consumer Health
Day 2- Forecasting for fast moving fashion products
Guest Speaker: Director of Estimating, Avon Products
NETWORK WITH YOUR PEERS
You will have ample opportunity to meet, interact, and learn from other demand planning professionals with team challenges and networking exercises.
ADD TO YOUR CREDENTIALS
Upon completion of the tutorial, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from Demand Planning LLC, attesting to your newly-acquired skills in Demand Planning.
REGISTER NOW ON DEMAND PLANNING.NET!
Event URL: http://www.demandplanning.net/demandplanning_tutorialNJ.htm Registration URL: http://www.demandplanning.net/seminar_anregistrations.php Event brochure: http://demandplanning.net/documents/dpTutorial_Sept_2011_w.pdf